Documents Proving Previous Education
One of the conditions for being able to study at a university level, and hence for enrolling to our bachelor programme, is that the applicant has to prove the completion of secondary education.
Summary of the requested documents
Deadline: scanned copies as soon as the documents become available; hard copies at the latest by 1st August. Take into consideration the amount of time it takes for the documents to be delivered by postal service.
Form: Electronical (scanned copies), as well as hard copies, are required. Applicants should not submit the originals but the certified copies. The documents will not be returned, they have to be archived at VSE.
Way of submission: upload the scanned documents to your e-application in InSIS, wait for the approval and then deliver the HARD copies to the IBB Office or Legal Department (postal addresses below).
List of the documents proving secondary education:
- a secondary school leaving certificate/diploma
Plus, the applicants that received their secondary education abroad (outside of the Czech Republic) have to submit also:
- EITHER a confirmation of eligibility to apply for a bachelor program,
- OR a nostrification clause.
The documents have to be notarized translations into the Czech or English language if originally not in Czech, Slovak or English.
Details on the individual requested documents
Secondary school leaving certificate/diploma
- Do NOT submit the originals but only its certified copies. The documents will not be returned.
- Usually, notaries can make certified copies. In the Czech Republic, you can also get a certified copy at the so-called Czech-POINT (located at post offices, town/city hall, etc.).
Confirmation of eligibility to apply for a bachelor program
- A document issued by a particular secondary school abroad (or by any other authorised body in the respective country) that the secondary school leaver is entitled to attend a bachelor’s degree program.
- The confirmation needs to be accompanied by official E-request for a Recognition of Education Received Abroad, which can be submitted via the following website: http://edu.vse.cz/
- Applicants can submit the original if issued in Czech or English.
Exceptions: The confirmation of eligibility is NOT required ONLY from applicants who already have a nostrification clause, or who have or are about to have:
- a Czech secondary school leaving certificate called “Maturitní Vysvědčení”,
- a secondary school leaving certificates from:
- Slovakia called “Maturitné Vysvedčenie”,
- Poland called “Swiadectwo Dojrzalosci”,
- Hungary called “Érettségi Bizonyítvány”,
- Slovenia (certificates issued by the state schools),
since these certificates are automatically equivalent to the Czech secondary school leaving certificate due to certain international agreements.
- The applicants with a secondary school leaving certificate from Germany called “Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife” are required to submit the confirmation of eligibility, BUT, the University will always give a positive result of such assessment, i.e. the education will be recognized.
- It is a document that proves general recognition of the equivalence or validity of a foreign document concerning receiving secondary education in the Czech Republic. It is issued by the Czech state authorities.
- Obviously, applicants, who already have a nostrification clause, are NOT required to submit the confirmation of eligibility to apply for a bachelor program and do NOT submit an official electronic request for recognition of education received abroad. They will submit the nostrification clause to IBB Office.
- Do not submit the original nostrification clause but only its certified copies. The document will not be returned.
Where to deliver the HARD copies of the documents proving secondary education?
Applicants, who are NOT required to submit a confirmation of eligibility to apply for a bachelor program OR already have the nostrification clause (i.e. their previous education was already recognised by the Czech state authorities), have to deliver the HARD copies of the relevant documents to the address of the IBB Office:
Faculty of International Relations (FMV)
IBB OFFICE – Baresova Terezie
nam. W. Churchilla 4
130 67 Praha 3
Applicants, who received their secondary education abroad and do not have the nostrification clause, have to ask the University for recognition of their foreign secondary education by submitting an official electronic request. Afterwards, they have to send the HARD copies of the relevant documents to our Legal Department:
Legal Department (Pravni oddeleni)
nam. W. Churchilla 4
130 67 Praha 3